Monday 14 May 2007

My beautiful postcard from Ashley arrived!!!!

Postcard - © Ashley Cecil

I was so excited to receive this beautiful postcard from Ashley Cecil a couple of days ago. Thank you, Ashley! I wrote about Ashley in a previous post - Word Of Mouth - where, at the time, she was offering a free postcard to anyone who emailed friends to tell them of her blog. I was more than happy to do this as I think Ashley is not only a very talented artist but also someone who is passionate about making a positive difference in this world through her art. Ashley's website/blog, The Painting Activist, not only displays her beautiful work but also talks about issues of concern in our world today, such as, animal welfare, the environment, poverty etc. to mention a few. Ashley often provides links to information sites on the topic at hand and also donates a portion of her profits to the relevent causes. I would highly recommend a visit to her website/blog particularly if you would also like to help make a positive difference in this world.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Serena, you're so kind! I'm glad you enjoyed the note card, AND blogged about it.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost don't believe it is that long ago for you. This looks really nice, keep it going. Can I ask you what kind of pad that is? It looks like something I am looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome, Ashley! I love visiting your blog ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, paulien. I just use a Derwent Visual Art Diary - cartridge 110 gsm and 100% acid free. I also have the A4 and A3 sizes but, for my EDM challenges, I'm working in the A5 sketchbooks. They are quite cheap and I may venture out and buy more expensive ones down the track but, for now, I'm just practising ~ :)

    ReplyDelete