OH, I almost forgot, Boyd, tagged me some weeks ago to list five facts about me. Sorry, I'm late with these, Boyd, but here goes -
1. I have a fetish for little notebooks. I think they're cute and I use them for all sorts of lists and reminder notes. I have quite a variety in different colours and cover prints. I particularly love handmade notebooks with fabric covers and handmade paper for writing on. I would love to learn how to make my own.
2. I had my navel pierced eight years ago but ended up letting it close up because it never seemed to heal properly. Admittedly, I had it done at a hair salon where they just used the same piercing gun used for ears. I should have gone to a body piercing salon.
3. I prefer savoury over sweet food anyday.
4. In my early teens, my heart-throb was Donny Osmond. And they called it Puppy Love....oh, I guess they'll never know.....how a young heart really feels....and why I love her so.
5. When I turn 50, I plan to get my first tattoo. Nearly 20 years ago, I fell in love with the cutest little dolphin tattoo that I'd noticed on a woman's ankle. We were sitting beside each other in the waiting room at the hospital. I then decided I wanted a tattoo but I couldn't make up my mind whether I wanted a dolphin or some other design. I'm still not 100% sure but I figure that a dolphin may win out in the end considering it was what drew me to getting a tattoo in the first place.
I won't tag anyone specific but please feel free to carry the 5 fact tag on if you would like to.
Monday, 25 February 2008
Zebra painting - Stage One & 5 facts about me
Finally, I'm back to the Zebra painting! I currently have four paintings that I will be making a start on in the next week or so. Three are commissions. I will try and post the occasional pic as I go but, for now, I've started with the rough draft of a mother Zebra with foal. I can tell you I was quite goggly-eyed by the time I had finished all those stripes. This is on a gallery-wrapped 24" x 30" canvas frame.