Saturday 12 April 2008

Emerging Artist



Lifebook page - Acrylics
Click on image to enlarge

For the past week or so, the word 'emergence' kept popping into my head. So much so that I decided to create a page in my lifebook/journal. In my list of goals at the beginning of the year, I said that I wanted to explore other media and I have found myself wanting to experiment more and more. I feel like I am emerging as an artist into new and exciting areas and I'm loving it. So that became the basis for this page...one by one, images of the different elements crept into my mind. I kept it simple but dramatic. When I look at this page I think of a Phoenix rising from the ashes....I think this symbolises how I am currently feeling about my artistic journey. I am so excited about exploring new horizons in my art.

10 comments:

  1. ART is just exciting for me. Your journal page is great. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I so enjoyed your visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sharon. I love your blog so you can count on me being a regular visitor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited for your new artistic desires! You are amazing no matter what art form you choose! Seriously...amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing where your journey takes you next, Serena :-) Love your journal page! You picked the perfect colour -orange being the colour for 'creativity'.
    Maria
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a vibrant and positive journal page. I am so looking fwd to your 'rising from the ashes'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww.....shucks, thanks so much, Julie ~ :)

    Thanks, Maria...glad you liked the journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serena,
    You know I love all of your work, but it is so exciting to see someone explore new mediums and ideas! Can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing; your journal pages are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this journal page!! The colors are great and so vibrant, and I think the drawing is just perfect. I don't think you have to wait any longer....the artist has emerged!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Rhonda and Janet, I so appreciate the encouragement ~ :)

    ReplyDelete