Thursday 19 June 2008

Today's efforts

This morning, I watched Rendition. Reece had hired it out last night to watch with his girlfriend so thought I'd watch it before he had to take it back to the video shop later in the day. Good movie and certainly opens our minds to what really goes on.

After lunch, I worked on the painting shown in yesterday's post. I can tell you I was feeling quite googly-eyed by the end of the afternoon......all those stripes going all different ways. At one point, I was regretting not going with just a single coloured blanket. lol I think it's pretty obvious what the subject is now that all the background is blocked in, however Julie, your guess was very interesting and may well turn up in a future painting....thanks ~ :)

I hope you are all having a happy and pleasant week.

6 comments:

  1. WOWSER, my eyes are crossing. I don't know how you keep everything straight! It will certtainly be a beauty when you are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blanket looks great Serena. I love the blues you chose. I can't wait to see more!!
    have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Serena...this is amazing! How in the world do you do it??? Fantastic, and utterly impossible are the two things that come to mind...but yet, you did it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Glad you liked my early guess...I have to look back to see what it was!!! LOL (short term memory loss)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. I love the texture and folds. It reminds me of something we had to do in college back in the day. What will be in the center of the painting? More blanket or something else?

    Becky
    www.pooka-art.com

    ReplyDelete