Tuesday 25 November 2008

soul coaching - day 24 - EARTH WEEK

ART EVERY DAY MONTH & NABLOPOMO


boab tree doodle - pen and coloured pencil
click on image to enlarge


SOUL COACHING - DAY 24 - EARTH


affirmation for today - MY BODY IS INCREDIBLY STRONG AND HEALTHY

this lesson covers how we carry ourselves and how it is one of the most powerful ways to impact on your body. the way we use our body is the secret key to show how we feel.

basically, if i carry myself in a confident, sure way, my brain will align my inner processes to be the same.

i can see where that would work......and i feel i could use a little work in that area because i'm still shy by nature and feel uncomfortable in public places so i walk about trying NOT to be noticed.

i've had a lot going on the past couple of days with michelle here so this doodle was all i managed for my art this evening. michelle and i did some sewing for a few hours today and that went really well, apart from her still being tender from what the doctors think is a 'grumbling appendix'.

in the comments section of a previous post, dianne, asked what sort of tree would i be. i LOVE all trees but, as far back as childhood, i have felt drawn to the 'boab' tree. they are such a beautiful and unique tree. of course, they don't grow in nature as fancy as the one above but it is a doodle after all.

i'm feeling so tired right now so i apologise if this post is a little incoherent. i think i'll call it a night and hope to catch up with blogs tomorrow.

love, light and peace

18 comments:

  1. Wow! I have never seen that kind of tree before. They truly are unique and beautiful. They remind me of the Garry Oaks on Vancouver Island but with very large trunks. I hope you can draw power and strength from them to help you get through the tired time you are in right now. They will hold you while you sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love boab trees. We have their relatives baobabs in Africa too.

    You take good care of yourself. Even your doodles are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tree...very strong and grounding! Lovely doodle :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serena,

    I just love your "doodles". They are wonderful. Love today's tree.

    I am wondering if you would share with me what kind of pen you use that it doesn't smear.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serena I just LOVE this tree!!!

    I hope you get some rest and also that Michelle feels better.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear Michelle is better! Take care of yourself, too, Serena! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you and your daughter love and hugs. I hope you have a nourishing day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. do rest. take care of yourself.

    i'm so glad that you and jamie saw my tree dancing!

    peace.

    --ina

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are following your inner wisdom by going to be to rest.. well done! I hope you had a peaceful, restful sleep xoox

    ReplyDelete
  10. May I point out that you say you tend to hide and not want to be seen, and yet you identify most with the boab tree - the boab tree is NOT going to go unnoticed - it is very unique and different and would never be a wallflower.

    I think you've got an inner extrovert just waiting to emerge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. it is hard to see a real baobob tree - they have mostly been cut down. In Zambia they are now protected so they have little ones, but none of the big old beauties (must like our sequoias and redwood, I think...thank goodness we have some in our parks). Lovely doodle...hard to think of just as a doodle. It seems to complex!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your "doodle" Serena is so amazingly full and detailed and alive! Rest well my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. On of my fav trees! What a neat painting!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know there great things about all of our bodies.
    But someday it hard to find it.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are a lovely and strong Boab tree. May you have a good night rest, Serena, and be strengthen for the morrow.

    Much love,
    Luci.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an intriguing tree. love it.

    hope all goes well with Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOooh! I think this has become one of my new favorites of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwwww....thanks everyone.

    Tammy, how sad to hear that the older trees have all be cut down, even though the younger ones will take their place eventually.

    Lisa, that's a lovely thing to say, thank you.

    ReplyDelete