Thursday 20 May 2010

From my sketchbook

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all enjoying a lovely week.

On the rental front - We finally had a win with the landlord!   After numerous emails back and forth, pleading our case for compensation, he finally agreed to our original proposal of leaving the rent at the current amount we already pay for the new 12 month tenancy agreement.  He has also organised to have the back and part of the front lawns re-turfed which will be started on Monday. YAY!

On the home-front - I've been dealing with bronchial asthma since last Wednesday. Winter has certainly made an early appearance this year and brought with it a cold snap with much lower temperatures than would be normal for this time of year and the cold air has been the trigger for this latest asthma attack. I love our sub-tropical winters so I'm not complaining about that, however, I'm not liking my asthma right now as it's been quite debilitating for me with it sapping all my energy. I'm sure that the scraping and clearing of the old lawn and laying of top soil this Monday will play even more havoc with my health when dirt and dust becomes airborne....but it has to be done.

With being sick, I haven't been able to do too much in the way of art but
I did manage a couple of pages in my sketchbooks.

You may, or may not, have seen it on the news but 16 year old Australian, Jessica Watson, arrived back in Australia on Saturday after nearly seven months at sea.  She was attempting to break a record for being the youngest person to sail around the world, non-stop and unassisted. We watched the coverage on TV and it was quite emotional.
Watercolour and Micron pen in A5 sketchbook

......and another EveryDayMatters challenge notched off
Coloured pencil and Micron pen in A5 sketchbook

It looks like we could be in for some rain here.....
what's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

~  Love, light and peace ~

16 comments:

  1. We've finally getting a warm spell, much better than having winter tommperatures in May! Hope you feel better soon. Glad you have finally got something sorted with the landlord, it will be great to look out on a new lawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, those inhalers certainly look familiar!!! Sadly! I am so sorry for your asthma episode right now. One thing that really helps me is to make non-stop hot BLACK tea and keep drinking it (provided you have no restrictions on your fluqid intake) It really opens your lungs! Good luck, Serena!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pages.
    Great news on the lawns and rent, so sorry to hear you are suffering health wise...feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! for winning against the landlord :D boo for you being sick tho :( really hope that gets better soon

    great sketches and its when young people like jessica do something like that, that i think that not all teenagers are evil :p lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. FWIW, for the first time in my life I was Rx'ed a rescue inhaler. Indiana has had a most peculiar *Spring*,wet/cold, hot/wet, cold/damp and then POLLEN. Mostly it has turned into a massive season of pollen.
    It's hard to create when one can't breathe right.
    Hope you feel better soon!

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry that you haven't been feeling well Serena but I'm so happy for you that things are finally moving forward in a positive way on the home front! Yay!

    We were following Jessica's journey home too...what an amazing young woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sketches! Feel better soon...Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are feeling better now Serena. Asthma is not a fun thing, that's for sure. Those are great pages, I love them. Hopefully you'll be feeling better soon, take care and have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Serena I love your latest pieces in your sketch book, they seem to pop right off the page. Hope you are feeling better soon I have to agree I feel winter has arrived much earlier this year. We've already had a couple of nights where it's been -1 and -2 brrrr and yesterday was a top of 14c down here I think it's going to be a long winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your winter is early and our spring is late... what a year we are having. How wonderful that your landlords see reason at last!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always your sketches are great.
    May your asthma is improve Serena. Our weather here is hot and dry. Expecting our first 100 degrees F
    today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bronchitis and Asthma are my foes as well..I pray you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you for standing up for your rights with the landlord!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so glad to hear you have come to an agreement with the landlord and he'll be fixing the lawn, too. But sorry to hear how you have been suffering with your asthma. :( I hope you are feeling better soon--and rested. Didn't hear about Jessica going around the world, but glad she made it back okay. Wow! And all alone! That is amazing! Love your sketches. Get well soon! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Serena, I'm so late getting by....I hope by now you're feeling much better.

    Congratulations on the resolution with your landlord!! That's great news.

    ReplyDelete