Tuesday 1 November 2011

Day 1 - AEDM & Nablopomo - Catching up

hi everyone!

i'm sorry i've been MIA over the past two weeks but i've had a lot happening.

there hasn't been a lot of art going on but......

i have been busy creating websites for myself and long time art friend, judy white.
so there's been a lot of uploading and banner creating going on.
it's been a fun challenge which i will continue to enjoy.
i'm quite excited to have my own domain name!

my website
judy's website

-------------------------------------------------------------

i've missed a few weeks in the 52 weeks of Me project so, to avoid another week of nothing, i quickly snapped this pic earlier today

week 44

-------------------------------------------------------------

and, to make up for my absence of late, i've signed up for the art every day month and nablopomo challenges which means i will, hopefully, be posting EVERY SINGLE DAY for the month of november.  i've been snapping pics here and there which i hope will serve as inspiration for some sketching.





the art every day month covers all forms of creativity such as art, photography, knitting, crochet, cooking etc. so i figure i can manage that.

click on the images above to find out more

-------------------------------------------------------------

on another note, i ask that you please say a prayer for my brother who is having one of his kidneys removed tomorrow. it all happened very fast this past week when tests showed a large tumour. naturally, i've been very worried about my bro and i'm praying that all will go well for him.

-------------------------------------------------------------
i leave you with a pic i snapped while out walking this morning

~ a mandala from mother nature ~

isn't it beautiful?!

it's a LANTANA FLOWER

~ love, light and peace to you all ~

22 comments:

  1. Hi Serena, so glad to see a post from you again. Sending prayers and blessings and healing thoughts for your brother. Best wishes as you create and post for the month of November. I can't believe a whole new month is upon us and it is nearly the end of the year. Time surely does fly! That flower is absolutely gorgeous. Hope you've had a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats too on your website -- I like the look of your blog. The header and the colors you've chosen are great. Take care! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo of the flower is just spectacular... as someone who does a lot of botanical art, that makes me very happy... looking forward to following along and lots of positive thoughts to your brother and family xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for your brother that all goes well and quickly tomorrow and you get good news.
    That is one of the wildest flowers I have ever seen! Gorgeous colors!!
    You always look so pretty in your pictures.
    Well, November begins!! We'll be seeing more of each other online. ;)
    Love and hugs!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for your brother that all goes well and quickly tomorrow and you get good news.
    That is one of the wildest flowers I have ever seen! Gorgeous colors!!
    You always look so pretty in your pictures.
    Well, November begins!! We'll be seeing more of each other online. ;)
    Love and hugs!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending good thoughts to you and your family - may the surgery do what it needs to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your brother. Sending lots of prayers and healing lights for him.
    Love your photos and your website is great. Your hard work is being rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about your brother. I'll keep you both in my thoughts.

    You have really been busy! Love your new website! Seeing all your art in one place, it just looks amazing.

    The photo of the lantana flower is beautiful. I've never seen anything like that. And it does look like a mandala!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is the most gorgeous flower I've ever seen!!! WOW!!

    Good luck with November! We can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely pic, that flower is wonderful! It'll be a fun month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sending my thoughts to you and your brother for a speedy recovery Serena. I hope it all goes well.
    I am thinking of joining in on the AEDM too.
    thanks for the beautiful flower shot.
    Lee:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. *Waves hello*

    Sorry to hear about your brother!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sending good energy to your brother :)

    the sites looks good, easy to navigate

    hmmm wonder if i should drive myself insane trying to post everyday a month again?....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending prayers to your brother and a speedy recovery. Hope you are doing okay despite all that is going on. Sorry to hear. That picture of you really give us a look at your beautiful blue eyes. Lovely. I'll have to go check out your new website. You take care and thank you for your nice comments on my El Dia post and I will be thinking of getting well wishes for your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Serena,
    I have missed you. Hope you are doing better. So sorry to hear about your brother. I will keep him in my prayers and really hope everything goes well.
    Love your new picture of yourself and that photo of the Lantana flower is Awesome! I have yellow ones here. :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your new website. It looks really really good. I too am doing AEDM for the second year running. I pretty much knit everyday so I like to focus on something other than my love of fiber for these little challenges. Great natural mandala! I love Lantanas. they are glorious!
    Many many good thoughts for your brother.
    Peace
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  17. looking forward to AED every day postings here!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good to see you at AEDM! *Quick healing* thoughts for your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your website Serena...it really showcases your your art so much better. Congratulations! What program did you use for it?

    I'm going to try doing the 30 days of gratitude Flickr photography project as I enjoyed doing it last year but I'm OK with not doing it everyday.

    I was so glad you posted all of your art like you did. I love your journals so much and it was such a treat to go back and took at them all again. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just realized that I missed reading your words at the end about your brother's surgery. I'm so very sorry that he and your family are having to deal with this. I will be sending him energy and positive healing thoughts for sure.

    That flower is so beautiful...I've never seen anything like it before.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a beautiful flower!!

    I found you through AEDM and look forward to seeing more!!

    Prayers and lots of (((hugs))) for your brother.

    Warmly,

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post, Mum!

    I'm so glad you enjoyed working on yours and Judy's websites, even doing the banners for them must be fun! Both sites look great! I am glad you enjoyed the challenge, I'm so happy you've got your own domain name as well! Well done!

    That's a nice pic of you! It'll be great to see what you do with your everyday posts! Yes, that mandala is very beautiful in the pic!

    Love Brad!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete