Sunday 16 November 2014

More daily sketches, a dog and a flower

Yesterday and today were absolute scorchers! 
The humidity was horrible! 
They say temperatures will be back to the mid-30's from tomorrow. 
I sure hope so or I may just melt away. 

*********************************

Another week of sketches for the 365 daily sketch challenge. 

We have strategically placed a few of these 
ornamental black cats with reflective eyes around our garden 
in an attempt to keep neighbour's cats away. 
Those naughty felines have been using our garden
as their own personal toilet and I am not amused.


Some very quick pen sketches of people at the food court.

I finished my quad-rule sketchbook! YAY!
I decided to start another Holcroft travel journal for the next stage 
of the challenge, however, this time on plain white paper.
I must admit I'm loving the white crispness of the blank page.

I LOVE this brand of coconut cream/milk!
Rich, creamy and perfect for curries.
I keep the coconut milk powder on hand as a back up.


I was browsing photos the other day and 
decided to sketch this noisy miner from one of Beau's albums.
I did this one in water-soluble graphite with a touch of pen to define.
Yellow watercolour on the beak and eye area.


I borrowed Michelle's carpet cleaner the other day 
to shampoo the carpets. 
They came up lovely!


A poppy for Remembrance Day!

I'm linking up to Sunday Sketches HERE.

*********************************

Just look who had draped himself over the arm of the couch the other day.

Me - "Mr Cody you are NOT a cat!  You could fall and hurt yourself."

His response -
"Life comes with risks and I'll take my chances.
Now, leave me alone, you peasants! "


*********************************

Check out this gorgeous crimson mandavilla/allamanda (?) flower!



They have a few tripods of these gorgeous vines
around the nursing home gardens.
So pretty!


Happy Sunday to all!

22 comments:

  1. Hi serena,
    I like very much your works. Whereas there you have a lot of heat, here we have an proper winter cold.
    Your beautiful red flower, in Spain, in terms ends of gardening, calls "diplademia".

    Embraces
    Forgive please my poor English (born of the translator of my computer ...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Margarita. I did more research and the dipladenia/diplademia is a member of the Mandavilla family. There sure are a lot of complex names in the botanical world. It's a beautiful flower, isn't it? Very toxic too from what I've read.

      Thanks for dropping by,
      Hugs,
      Serena xx

      Delete
  2. Your sketches are so realistic, wow! My daughter was just like Cody when she was little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! My granddaughter tends to be a bit of a dare-devil too. lol

      Delete
  3. Lovely work. I love the bird sketch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. I love sketching/painting animals. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow..so many fantastic works..love the bird sketch especially! Your pictures are gorgeous..and what a sweet puppy! Beautiful art!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. terrific art Serena. Lovely to see the difference in sketchbooks. There really is something wonderful about a clean white page. :o) Love your poppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn. I fell in love with the quad-rule but I'm happy to be back with the clean, white page. :)

      Delete
  6. What a prolific artist you are. your sketches are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shashi. I think 'crazy artist' may suit me better after taking on a 365 daily sketch challenge. lol

      Delete
  7. What a fantastic post! Loved reading it... And the cat sketch made me laugh. I can't help but agree with you. I mean, if we let our dog poo in our neighbours garden, then that would most certainly be frowned upon! One rule for one and all that... Oh, and that Poppy? It is practically bursting from the page!! Love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra. I'm glad you agree. I take responsibility for my dogs and would never allow them to poop in someone else's yard. Some dog and cat owners don't seem to care which is most annoying. I think I went a bit too heavy with the watercolours on the poppy....that's the acrylic artist coming out in me. I'm so used to working with opaque paints and watercolours are so different. I imagine I'll master the light and airy eventually. :)

      Delete
  8. Serena, you're the most gifted sketcher I've ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love your everyday sketches so much! They make an unique adventure of every single day. The carpet cleaner for example looks fantastic. And cleaning with a super hero sounds great! I also fell in love with your adventurous little dog. The photos are so cute!!!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like my sketches, Stefanie. Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

      Delete
  10. Beautiful work here, Serena. I am in love with your bird - so amazing!!! Thank you for always opening up the pages of your daily life and sharing with us each week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Your sketching is so inspiring! I absolutely love your poppy!!! And your puppy! :)

    ReplyDelete