Thursday 18 October 2018

Scribble Picnic - Bottle

Hi everyone!

This week, the prompt for Scribble Picnic is BOTTLE.

You would think that having two weeks to get this prompt done, I would have been on the ball but, oh no — true to form, I left it until the last minute even though it crossed my mind lots. Since seeing the prompt, I couldn't get the song 'Message in a Bottle' out of my head so that's what I went with.

I laid the basic structure in first with Prismacolor coloured pencils

And here is the end result although I may fiddle with it a little more with it yet. I used coloured ballpoint pens and black ink for emphasis.

To see the wonderful work of my fellow scribblers this week, click HERE.
To find out how to join us each fortnight, click HERE.

See you for the picnic in two weeks for the prompt - JOLT or DOUBLE.

I will leave you with the song — Message in a Bottle by The Police.

22 comments:

  1. Serena, this is beautiful. I am so wanting to know what the message is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorraine!

      Thanks, Christine!

      I wouldn't mind knowing myself what the message says...hehe

      Delete
  2. this creation is so lovely and I like how bright the colors and lines are. wonderful job on the theme.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lissa. I hope you have a lovely weekend. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this one Serena! It's very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have that song stuck in my head all night now lol ;)

    really great shine to the bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, love it! Never thought I'd say a bottle could look that wistfully beautiful.
    Yes, I'll have this song in my head now, too--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita. Glad you like it. Yep, it's a catchy tune. hehe

      Delete
  6. Beautiful. I love the message in a bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one beautiful bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bottle is exquisite, Serena ... one would love to find such a bottle floating in the water. We were on the same page, though I didn't get my idea from the song. Beautifully done ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bottle is beautiful - and I still love that song. Happy drawing to you - it's always nice to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the shine on the bottle–there would be no missing that on a beach!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Serena,

    I seem to have missed some people from the bottle challenge, so luckily just saw that and am going back to visit anyone like you who I didn't catch the first go around. Sorry about that!

    This is lovely. Perfection. What more can I say? Thakn you so much for it. A lovely addition and idea for the challenge too.

    Funny, when I first heard The Police I thought they were rubbish and one hit wonders...but was I wrong! Now I actually like the song. Same goes with Duran Duran.

    ReplyDelete