Tuesday 1 January 2019

Happy New Year!


I know I've been slack as it's been almost a month since I last posted but I just had to hop on the computer and post for the start of the New Year.

I wish you all a very happy, creative, and blessed 2019! 

I have felt exhausted for most of the day after Brad and I followed through with our New Year's tradition of staying up all night to greet the dawn of the new year. We played Yahtzee and watched movies. I couldn't really dance this year due to my back and hip but we had a good time nonetheless. I tried to catch a nap earlier this morning but I've always had trouble sleeping through the day-time so it didn't work. An early night tonight is definitely on the cards.

What did you do for New Year's Eve?

******************

Thank you for the concern and well wishes for my 83 year old Mum after a fall in her back yard landed her in hospital in November. She is now back home with a Transitional Care Team visiting every second day to assist and help her with daily needs and physiotherapy etc. Mum is improving albeit very slowly. Osteoporosis and spinal fractures are no fun at all.

******************

I start 2019 with a certain amount of trepidation after learning that my elderly fur-kid, Cody, has a terminal illness (Cushing's Disease). I don't know how much longer he will be with us but I'm making every day count. Our other elderly boy is almost totally blind now and he has health issues of his own. Our vet said I would need to make some tough decisions in the near future. I trust that Cody and Jack will let me know when it's time to say goodbye. I am dreading it as they are my precious babies. I've already shed lots of tears.

******************

I'm looking forward to getting back into a more regular routine come February. I have big plans although a possible major surgery may be on the cards for me to repair the torn tendon in my right hip. If it goes ahead, my big plans may take a hit as my orthopaedic surgeon said it is a ten month recovery — the first three months being the hardest — but we'll see what happens. I am trying to stay positive and will discuss more on my plans in a later post.

I'm now off to have a Chamomile tea and then it's off to bed for me.

I will leave you with a pic I took this morning of the first sunrise for 2019.  I love that the crescent moon is featured too.

Nighty-night...

7 comments:

  1. Haven't played Yahtzee in awhile. My boys always loved to play when they were younger. My husband was asleep last night by 9 p.m. and I headed to bed at 9:50 p.m. We never stay up for the stroke of midnight. Glad to hear your mom is slowly improving. After my mom's hip surgery, she still uses a cane when she is out and about, but at home, she does try to walk without it. Each day she feels a little stronger, but because of her bad knees, she will never be 100%. I sure hope you don't have to have the tendon surgery; for sure it will be quite a long recovery. Will be so very hard letting your furbabies go, but you will know when the time has come. Give them lots of cuddles from me. Wishing you lots of peace, joy and love! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy healthier New Year Serena, thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a peaceful night you had and was similar to ours. HOpe all goes well for your family (and your hip) in the new year. Sorry about your fur babies - Mine always had a way of letting me know when it was time for them to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dagan and I used to play Yahtzee a lot!
    Letter in the mail if you haven't gotten it already.
    So much going on! Let's hope 2019 is a very good year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year!

    It's great to see a post from you, and to hear your Mum is recovering (even if slowly).

    Sorry Jack and Cody aren't doing so well. They've done well to make it to their advanced ages though, and I'm sure they'll tell you when the time comes for you to have to part. I'm sure you'll make whatever time they have left as wonderful as you already have been though.

    If you have to have the surgery, I hope it goes smoothly, and you don't suffer too much during the recovery. Either way, good luck with your 2019 plans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry to hear about Cody and Jack, Cushings can be a PITA to manage but I have known many dogs that have lived long lives with it so it can be managed

    and ugh about surgery :( but hopefully that helps

    happy new year to you and everyone there

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been quite the year fro you, dear Serena. So sorry about Cody adn of course, your mother. I wish you all the very best there and as far as Cody goes, you would know when is the right time to say goodbye. So hard.
    I'm glad they have you to love them through.

    ReplyDelete