Sunday 1 March 2009

HAPPY AUTUMN, AUSTRALIA!!!

today is the first day of autumn here in australia!

Australian Autumn
photo - courtesy of chucky1988 - flickr member

i think this pic was taken in one of our southern states as, up here in queensland, we really don't see the obvious seasonal changes at all.



52 WEEKS OF ME - WEEK EIGHT

this pic was taken on monday, in the cinema, where brad and i went to see the movie, twilight.


SACRED LIFE SUNDAY

candles
photo - courtesy of topcatrucker - flickr member


it's been another hectic week for me so, again, i found myself with very little time at the computer. michelle, my daughter, stayed over for a couple of days too which was lovely as always. then, today, my mum and dad visited for lunch and a fun afternoon of playing cards and general family chit-chat.

today, i was grateful for -


  • a beautiful fine day

  • quality time spent with my family

  • yummy food and sated appetites - mum brought a salmon loaf and a veggie loaf while i did the garlic cream potatoes, sweet potato, pumpkin and brussels sprouts

  • music - brad was in charge of the music playlist and it went down very well. I've always loved background music as I think it helps set a relaxed and happy mood

  • the dishwasher - what a blessing! to think, at one point, i never wanted a dishwasher....what was i thinking??!!!

  • the nana nap i had late afternoon

  • my nice, cosy bed where i'll be headed to shortly

love, light and peace

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful day! I love the pictures and I am so glad that here it is going to be spring soon!

    Gratitude is what makes life so abundant and splendid. I am grateful to connect with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful day you had! So good of you to write a gratitude list. I find that really helps to appreciate things. I even get to appreciate my things, by reading your things!! hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful for YOU! Lovely photos. My favorite being of you and Brad. Happy Autumn indeed. Does this mean Spring is coming here!?! :)

    What did you think of the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo of you two! And I love that photo with the candles! It's your first day of Autumn...we are heading into spring soon. I can't wait!

    Nice to see a post from you again. I was missing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful and peaceful post. :)

    Have A Blessed Week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a great day :D Wish I had a dishwasher but would have to give up the couch to fit one in the flat :p and I don't want to sit on the floor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple days with family are always great. Sounds like you rang in the Autumn with wonderful intentions. I love going to the movies. . . nothing better than getting lost in a film and munching on popcorn.
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely way to bring in the new season. Thank you so much for your kind and wise words on my blog today. I am so blessed ti have such dear cyber friends! So glad to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a blissful day.
    Today winter reminded us that she has not fully done with us yet lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Family time can be such a joy. I love how y'all are upside down, or is that me :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least if you had to walk it was ambling thru all those beautiful areas! Spring is a long way off up here in Fargo--hehe! More like April/May. So I love to see the pictures of the land down there in Australia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that photo of the candles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Days like these are certainly the best ever! A joyful list! :)

    ReplyDelete