Sunday 26 March 2017

Sunday Sketches: A portrait

I've missed the last couple of Sunday Sketches but I'm back on board this week. YAY! I'm also another year wiser as I recently had a birthday.

I was a little worried I may not have been able to participate this week because our internet service provider is doing major system upgrades and we couldn't access the net at all last night. Apparently, there may be further disruptions until Tuesday.  So this will be a very quick post for fear I will get cut off.

I did another quick portrait using a reference image on Sktchy.  I sketched her directly with ballpoint pen then followed up with a Lamy Joy ink pen. Then added some Sumi ink which was painted on with a brush. I am loving Sumi ink at the moment because I can get so many shade variations.


To see the work of other participants for this week, click HERE.
To find out how you can join us each week for Sunday Sketches, click HERE.

Happy Sunday to you all!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful Serena! Amazing how you start with a ball point pen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated birthday wishes, Serena. Hope you had a lovely day! Beautiful sketch as always! hugs and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, Serena. I always admire you and your portrait sketches. I steer away from sketching people like this. haha Happy Birthday!! I hope you've had a lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really pretty, I love it! I think working with ink is exceptionally challenging and you do it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful portrait sketch ~ well done ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy Week ahead ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a happy person :D good job on the hair and hatching on the face :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope they get everything up and running decently--better than it was even. ;)
    Love the sketch. Letter on the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I really like your pen sketch, and the Sumi ink shading was a great finishing touch. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sketch! I've been doing a few myself recently too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful sketch and the Sumi ink really makes the sketch pop

    ReplyDelete
  11. really lovely work Serena. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and wonderfully done! Bravo, Serena! :) Note sure I get what Sktchy is though, even after clicking on the link?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michael.

      Sktchy is an app available to IOS devices and it's basically a community of artists who upload images, of mostly people, for other artists to sketch/paint. It's a great tool and, of course, the reference images are copyright free. :)

      Delete