Thursday 17 May 2018

Scribble Picnic - Storm

Hi everyone,

This week's prompt for Scribble Picnic is STORM.

I had a few ideas but couldn't get past the 'Storm in a Teacup' phrase so I decided to attempt a quick ink and watercolour interpretation. I wonder if anyone else was on the same wavelength this week?


To check out the other STORM interpretations, click HERE.
To find out how to join in on the fun each week, click HERE.

Our humble leader has given us the next two weeks off but we will be picnicking again on June 6th with the prompt being CLASSIC!  See you there — if I'm not in too much discomfort that is because I have a molar extraction on June 6th, possibly a wisdom tooth too. Wish me luck.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Serena :) This is lovely! I actually never heard of that expression before and had to look it up! I think I have definitely created storms in a tea cup before lol! Wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rain! I realise now that the phrase originated in Britain. :)

      Delete
  2. I think this is so right on the prompt, especially for the picnic. And it's beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very creative interpretation, nice work Serena!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also had never heard of that expression before looking it up, but now I know! Wonderful illustration of it. Even the shadows look like "brewing" :-) storm clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch about the extraction! :(

    never heard of the expression before either, but your sketch but your sketch certainly works very well at visualizing the phrase :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard that saying. Here it's a tempest in a teapot. They mean the same thing, I guess. I love your rendition!!! :)

    Double extraction? Not sure you will feel up to drawing that day. I'd draw it up ahead of time just in case. I hope it all goes well for you. You'll need some R&R time for a few days for sure.

    Letter on the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, so glad my wisdom teeth never grew in and wishing you the best there, Serena!

    As it is, thank you so much for this. Perhaps it makes sense you had this idea with all you've had going on? so well done too. Love it. Even better larger than I saw it in IG! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is wonderful ... I hadn't heard that expression in years. What a perfect rendition :) Oh the teeth ... ever since I was a child the dentist has been my nemesis. I used to get stomach aches when I had to go to the dentist until childbirth, Ha. After my first child I found dantal pain to be much more tolerable :) I do wish you well, however. Now days extractions can be pretty easy if the tooth cooperates ... hope yours does and I look forward to seeing you on the 6th.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete