Sunday 27 November 2016

Graduation, formal, and some sketches

Aaron's Graduation ceremony went very well. I was quite emotional and will admit that more than a few tears were shed. Aaron is my last of five children to graduate and leave school and I'm so very proud of him. 

For the ceremony, Bradley and I were sitting beside a Religious Studies teacher who visits the school once a week. She had been invited by several of her students to attend the ceremony.  She was so nice and we had a lovely chat.  I was quite touched when she gave Aaron  a garland of chocolates, even though he wasn't one of her students.

Aaron, in school uniform, with his Graduation certificate
After his Graduation Ceremony 

an photo of Aaron with his best mate, Travis, wearing formal suits, at the local wetlands
Here he is with his best mate, Travis.  
They are suited up for School Formal photos. 

I feel like I blinked and my baby grew into this amazing young man overnight. 
Where did all those years go? Sniff—sniff—

He is now on a much deserved break before hitting the work-force.


*******************************************

Bradley and I are currently watching the Crowded House concert which is being aired LIVE from Sydney.  Crowded House is one of my favourite groups from the 80's.  Don't Dream It's Over was my favourite song by them and I still use it as my mobile phone ringtone.  Click HERE to watch/listen on YouTube if the video doesn't work for you.


*******************************************

I have only managed one sketch this past week with another in progress.

sketch of my blood pressure reader

I am thrilled that my blood pressure readings are coming down and I hope to be off the medication before too long.  All thanks to a vegan diet — more on that in another post.

And here is my work in progress
a work in progress sketch of two butterflies
I am sketching a variety of butterflies —
will post when completed.

I'm linking up with Sunday Sketches this week.
To see the work of other participants, click HERE

Happy Sunday to all!

20 comments:

  1. As I write this I have just taken my blood pressure and it was alarming this morning. Just finished 4 days of heavy eating during the Thanksgiving holiday!! So, I am going to order the book you suggested. And, on another note... I love your butterflies. Can't wait to see a bunch all finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Latane! I hope you will find the book as helpful and eye-opening as I have. I will be doing another post on it shortly. :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely butterflies, looking forward to seeing them completed.
    Crowded House - aaaaah - the memories. I loved them, too, late eighties, early nineties and I watched their '96 farewell on Australian TV, I was living in Melbourne back then. And I cried silent tears. I always loved their playful, cheery yet very professional performance. True artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claudia. OH yes, the memories...watching the concert showed their talent as true artists, that's for sure. They are just as good now as they were then. :)

      Delete
  3. Yes, they grow up so fast! Congratulations!
    lovely sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations to you and your son! Love the butterfly sketches. I'll have to catch up on your lowering of your blood pressure story. I've been wondering about my blood pressure lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Juana! Stay tuned because I will be sharing more post about my vegan and better health journey. :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats to your son and lovely blood pressure sketch and glad your blood pressure is coming down ~ beautiful butterfly creation!

    Wishing you a lovely week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol! " Little Phil looks so good! :)

      Delete
  6. congrats to Aaron and hope he enjoys his break :)

    my blood pressure is often too low, so should probably get that looked at but the docs dont seem too concerned. John takes after his dad, pretty bad high blood pressure. good to hear yours is doing well. and very nice sketch of the machine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen.

      Too low a blood pressure can actually be worse, in some cases, than high blood pressure so definitely get it checked.

      Delete
  7. Congrats to Aaron! Love your sketch and the butterflies. Good to hear your blood pressure is going down, too. Lots of good news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad Aaron's graduation went well. Great news about your blood pressure too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so can understand about your son growing up, my son is getting married next Friday and he is starting his own family soon. I remember holding him in my arms after his birth. time is like a circle, we going round and ending with our children were we once started. You can be proud. I love all your drawings and your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marijke...yes, life is a continual cycle. Congratulations to your son and his bride on their marriage...I wish them many happy and blessed years together. :)

      Delete
  10. First of all Congratulations to your son and you! You must be very proud of him and rightly so.
    Have been catching up with your sketches. Serena your sketches are absolutely stunning! Can't say it enough times you are an amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete