Sunday 5 October 2014

More sketches for the 365 daily sketch challenge

More sketches for my 365 day sketch challenge.

As stated in the last post,
I sketch mostly from life, on location,
and I always sketch directly in pen.
Only occasionally will I sketch from a photo.
I will also use watercolours, PRO or PITT markers,
or more rarely, coloured pencils to finish the sketch.
I'm currently using my quad-rule Holcroft travel sketchbook.
I'm happy to say that it seems to handle the watercolour
reasonably well and, unless I really overwork an area,
it does not bleed through to the other side.
I'm impressed considering the paper is recycled
and quite thin at 120gsm.

Some sketches are rushed and simple,
others more detailed.
I sketch as time allows each day.



Sketched from a photo.






NO resemblance to my Dad whatsoever.
He kept moving his head around too much
so I gave up trying.
 It is a very loose likeness of Mum.


I LOVE my green, purple, and turquoise pegs!







We had to attend the fracture clinic
one week after Dad's suspected wrist fracture,
A new X-ray showed that there wasn't a break after all
so they removed the cast and put on a splint
which Dad wore for about a week or so.


My new sketch case.
It's actually a traveller's toiletries bag
with lots of compartments making it ideal for a sketch kit.


My precious baby, Cody ~ xo


This bee was sketched from a reference photo  on Flickr
with a Creative Commons - Attribution only - license.
Thank you, Steve Jurvetson.



A few of the items on my art desk.





Today, I'm linking up to Sunday Sketches HERE.

I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend!

~ Love, light, and peace ~ 

10 comments:

  1. That is the most beautiful journal! A great keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work! Every sketch tells a story. Good on you taking the 365 challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your art journal is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful diary/journal/sketchbook! You really will enjoy looking at these years from now!!
    I gave up coffee once for a couple years. Well, I drank decaf, does that count? ;)
    Have a great week. I hope your dad does well and has no more falls. You really are busy! Just go-go-go! I hope you get some down time this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love your journal pages! Your magnificent illustrative work and thorough journaling will be treasured by your family in the future. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sketches, Serena! Love how you call your pegs, pegs! We call them clothes pins here! I like pegs better! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely wonderful sketches. I love everyone of them

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness!!! A 365 day sketch challenge??? Wow, I struggled with the 75 day sketch challenge! Inktober seems just right for me as it's just one month, but really you have inspired me! I wonder if I could be disciplined enough... I usually paint rather than sketch but I do need to do more sketching... I've just scrolled down and seen that you have sketched some pegs and some buttons, both of which I did this week - and I included a heart shaped button! Spooky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the journal pages and hope your Father is healing well.

    ReplyDelete