I've recently been tagged again by Boyd to list 10 random facts about myself. I've decided not to illustrate them this time as it takes too long and I still have one fact left to illustrate from Joan's tag. I promise to do that very soon, Joan. So here goes with 10 more facts about me -
1. When I was two years old, I nearly died from double pneumonia.
2. As a young child I always wanted to be a Vet or Botanist when I grew up. A Botanist because we had learned in school of Joseph Banks, the Botanist on board the Endeavour, and I thought that would have been sooooooo cool. I remember I used to pick flowers and plants, then attempt to draw and write about them in my botany book. I so wish I'd kept things like that from my childhood. The only thing I have is a diary I kept at 15 and that's a hilarious read. I also wanted to be a Vet because of my love for animals but the only thing that turned me off that idea was that I wouldn't have been able to put healthy animals to sleep if the owner requested it.
3. I ended up not going with either of the above goals and trained as a Nurse's Aide when I left high school. After that, I then entered into the Clerical field before marriage and kids came along.
4. I have been semi-vegetarian for just over 2½ years now. I don't eat any form of warm-blooded animals but I do eat some seafood, fruit, grains, dairy and vegetables. I do still cook meat meals for my kids though as I don't believe I should push my views onto them. I am thinking I might eventually cut out the seafood and dairy but it will be a gradual thing if at all.
5. I used to be a serious coffee addict. I gave it up cold turkey nearly 3 years ago and started drinking green tea instead. I do have the occasional herbal tea or hot chocolate but I never drink coffee or coffee-flavoured foods.
6. I love silver jewellery whether it be sterling silver or white gold. I've never been a fan of yellow gold even though I do own some.
7. Hot Vindaloo prawn curry with rice is my most favourite meal EVER!
8. I have a namesake!!! I kid you not! At the time, my name was unheard of in Ireland and when I was around 15, my Aunt in Ireland named her daughter (my cousin), Serena, after ME. Apparently, a woman in a neighbouring county also named her daughter Serena and I remember my Aunt being very upset about it but proudly stated that her daughter had been born first so she'd beaten the other woman to the name. Imagine that! People actually 'fighting' over my name.
9. My stomach turns when I see someone spit on the ground. I think it is a disgusting and disrespectful act. Major YUCK!!!! Seriously, carry tissues if you're prone to that sort of thing.
10. I don't have a set style of handwriting. It varies constantly depending on my mood, I guess.
Now,I'm supposed to tag 12 (yes, 12) people to keep the tag going and then they're supposed to tag 13 more bloggers.......can you imagine where that would end up??!!! Anyways, most bloggers I know have already been tagged so if anyone would like to be tagged and share 10 facts about themselves, please let me know.
Added on November 6th -
For starters, I'm tagging Dee and Ro.