Sunday 22 November 2015

A blog change and some sketches

You have probably noticed the HUGE change 
in my blog's current appearance. 

It was a spur of the moment thing. 
I came across a website that used the
brown toned background
with a pale font and
I found it a pleasant change to 
the dark font on glaring white backgrounds. 
So, I instantly started playing with my blog. 

I chose a font colour that I feel 
is easier on the eyes.
I do think the images stand out better 
and I'm happy with how it is for now. 

It could just be a passing phase 
and I may change it again 
when the novelty wears off. 

Please tell me whether you find it 
easy or difficult to read. 
Your feedback is appreciated. 


***************************

I just thought I'd share a few quick sketches 
that I fitted in here and there 
over the past few months.

I registered with Sktchy after installing their app on my ipad.
It's a place where artists can put up photographic images, mostly portraits, 
and other artists are free to use them to sketch/paint.

The Sktchy app is only available for Apple IOS products.


If you're on Sktchy,
my profile name is - Serena Lewis

This is a sketch of Ashley Goeltz,
a Sktchy member/artist.

I used a Platinum Carbon pen, a Lamy Joy,
and a Pentel pocket brush pen
in an A5 Moleskine sketchbook.



And a couple of quick sketches.
I'm trying to grab moments where I can
even if it's just for simple sketches.






This year has been so hectic
and it doesn't seem to have slowed down much at all.

I have three Christmas ornaments to paint this year
as it will be little Mackenzie's first Christmas.
She is growing so fast already and very alert!

Have a lovely weekend!

28 comments:

  1. A beautiful change Serena, I'm sure you'll be happy with it for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the much appreciated feedback, Maree. :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hey Serena, I am finally back up and running.. !
    Love your sketches!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to see you're back, Darlene! Thanks for dropping by. xo

      Delete
  3. Great post, Mum! Loving your new blog colours, I definitely feel it's more pleasing. Brilliant sketches also, I always love anything you sketch, and glad you find time to do it! :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brad. You're my biggest fan...love you. xo

      Delete
  4. Hi Serena. Love your new look and as always I LOVE your art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful sketches, and the new look is good, much easier on the eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nigel! Your feedback is appreciated. :)

      Delete
  6. nice sketches :) and I like the new blog look :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually really like the soft font color against the dark background, and as always your pictures are wonderful to gaze at and admire. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DJan! How lovely to 'see' you!! Thanks for dropping by and for your kind comment. I have missed my blog friends. I will 'pop over' and visit you soon. xo

      Delete
  8. I like the softer colors of the new look. Great journal pages. Yes, you have three ornaments to make this year! Sweet! :)
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita. Glad you like the new colours. :) xx

      Delete
  9. This is so funny, I have also recently given my blog a Facelift! Only I have gone from a soft toned background to a crisp white one, lol! So we have done the complete opposite! It must just be that we get bored of looking at our own designs. I love your new look - The header is really lovely too. And of course your sketchbook is always a joy to look at :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that we do get bored at times with the same old, same old, Sandra. Thanks for your lovely compliment. :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Serena, thanks for stopping by and I have to say, I was here the other day and thought how clean looking this was. Where did you find it? I,too, change my blogger alot. Mainly the title header. As I was leaving your comment and going to YOU this morning, it went to your Google + look. I like that too, and at first thought you had switched over to that look and had canned this look, but I arrived here from my sidebar "blogs I look at" and here this look is. I like em both. Would really be interested in where u found this one. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, Pattie. It's not actually a template that you can download, I just altered my colours etc. via the Customisation tool in Blogger. Here is the link that inspired me to change to a brown toned background. I just loved their colours although I changed my font colours from yellows to a pale blue. http://myvegandreams.com/ :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Serena - I immediately knew that you had tweaked your blogger once I hit reply. I messed around with mine a little yesterday. They have some customization tools on blogger that I didn't understand before. Amazing how we grow technologically over time..ha! I will check out the blog that inspired you,however, YOUR blog inspired ME!

      Delete
    3. Awwww, thanks, Pattie. Yes, I do love the customisation tools Blogger has. Your blog is looking great!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful sketches. I do like your new look and the colour is pleasing and compliments your drawing beautifully. Reminds me of the golden age of the movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shashi. The sepia tones in my blog banner does lend itself well to the age of the older movies. :) xx

      Delete
  12. Your new website looks great! Also very nice work on the sketches. I'm loving your line quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Richard! Lovely to have your visit my blog. :)

      Delete
  13. I think the dark background does make it easier to read the text. I think I may try and tinker about with my background colours to see if it has the same effect!

    ReplyDelete