Wednesday 23 August 2017

Scribble Picnic: Fill in the blank

This week's Scribble Picnic was a 'fill in the blank'.

Michael gave us the following image to work with...


I had a couple of ideas....key/s or diagonal-slotted wine racks within a cube.  I ended up going with a key, mostly sketched from my imagination.  It's not quite finished yet but almost there. 
Sketched with ballpoint, graphite and ink in Strathmore Toned Gray sketchbook

I'm keen to see what my fellow Picnickers have come up with for this one. To see the entries for this week, click HERE

Next week's prompt is CURLY. To find out how to join us, click HERE

13 comments:

  1. Well done Serena, it is already so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic key! Looks like it might unlock a door in Michael's gothic mansion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your key is quite attractive. I want to know what mystery magic it opens!
    Beautifully drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent sketch. I love your shading and shadows.
    Blessings
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet! I love skeleton keys and this one has a lot of character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great 3D work–your key is nice and round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is lovely & it looks finished to me. great take on the theme.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a really great, natural craftsman style, Serena. I love your drawings as such and this is no exception. A super clever idea for the shape! Love it! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. really nice key :) I had an idea for this week, but haven't had any free time to sketch it out, hopefully next week before uni starts back

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to exercise the creative mind!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel as though I could pick this right up off the screen. What beautiful lines and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's quite a challenging prompt! Love what you did with it, your drawing is beautiful. I've been wanting to try out that grey toned paper for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the lovely comments, everyone!

    ReplyDelete