Saturday 31 October 2020

Art Every Day Month and some updates

Hi everyone, 

Just a quick heads up to let you know I have decided to participate in Art Every Day Month hosted by Leah on her blog - Creative Every Day . This runs for the whole of November. I participated for a few years running but that was some years back so time to give it another go. 

The thing I like about this challenge is that it encompasses all forms of creativity such as art, photography, handicrafts like crochet/knitting, writing, music, cooking, etc. 

To find out more and perhaps sign up for the challenge yourself, click the image below or click HERE


Some updates if you've been following my blog previous posts -

Firstly, I'm very happy to report that my brother and his brother-in-law have now been cleared medically after their ordeal at sea. You can read what happened HERE.

Secondly, I'm very sad to say that the three plover chicks I mentioned HERE did not make it. One by one, they disappeared as the days went on. Plover parents really don't look after their babies too well — unlike other bird parents I've observed.  I kept checking on them when they were down to just one baby and then, the poor wee thing just disappeared overnight. :(

And lastly, I have recovered from the fall I had while on our day trip, mentioned HERE. I do still have a hard, tender lump at the base of my chin but I'm sure that will fade in time.

We've had rain and storms over the past week. We had a break a couple of days ago and I snapped the pic below around 7am. Can you see the steam rising off the fence as the sun hits it? A warm day was ahead...


I also want to wish all who celebrate it a very Happy Halloween! I'm sure the pandemic will be affecting regular Halloween activities so enjoy it as you can but please stay safe. Australia doesn't celebrate Halloween in a big way even though participation has picked up gradually over the years. Below is an old Halloween sketch I did back in 2008.


And one from 2017

Love, Light and Peace to all.

7 comments:

  1. That steam coming off the fence is amazing! Never seen anything like it.
    I think it was a pretty quiet Halloween over here...or I sure hope it was. I never get any kids here in our apartment building but heard fewer kids were going around.

    Sorry about the plover babies. :(


    Glad your brother and BIL are checked out okay now and that you are doing okay, too.

    Have a great weekend, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita. I'm glad the steamy fence showed in the photo.

      Stay safe and well ~ xo

      Delete
  2. glad to read about your brother and brother in law ...that's good news and you too are recovering from your falls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your brother and his brother-in-law have been cleared medically, and that you're healing well after your fall. Sorry to hear about the chicks though... Such a shame. :(

    Hope you have a happy Halloween, and good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tori. Yes, I was so sad about the plover chicks. :(

      I hear the UK is on a stricter lockdown after another Covid surge. Please stay safe and well. xo

      Delete
    2. Yeah... England goes in to lockdown again on November 5th, until December 2nd.

      Delete