Sunday 30 August 2015

African Sunset COMPLETED

....and it only took a year! 
I did have a good excuse though 
with my Dad's illness taking a priority. 

Progress images are below,
Colours may vary due to the time of day and lighting.

In the beginning,
there was a mess

More progress
Yes, that is part of my car you see.
 I was painting the beginning stages in my garage. 
Back when I did actually have an area set up for my arts and crafts.
Big changes meant no more art space for me 
so now I set up the dining area in the house when I need to paint.

Time to get serious

A giraffe makes an appearance.
I sketched the tree and all the animals free-hand
and made up the layout as I went along.
I think that sketching free-hand in pen has helped me a great deal

Then an elephant and her baby complete the scene
with some reflections too.

Aaron was very happy to be able to finally hang it on his bedroom wall

I am so happy it's finally done too
Currently, I'm re-vamping an old painting for Mackenzie's nursery. 
Time is running out as she is due to make her big entrance next month.
I'm also crocheting like mad to get her bed blanket finished in time. 
That one may have to be a little late.

I'm off to add some more touches to the painting now.

I hope you are all enjoying a beautiful weekend!

16 comments:

  1. So beautiful. Love the reflections and it looks great in his bedroom. Good luck getting everything else done. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love this. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning and perfect for that wall. Love all the work you are doing and congratulations for the new grand baby to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the lovely comment, Shashi. Much appreciated. xx

      Delete
  4. Very nice Serena.....nice to see how much you are progressing in your art.

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! That turned out just stunning!! You blow me away with what you can draw freehand!! Aaron must love it.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita! I'm glad to see this one done and dusted. :) xo

      Delete
  6. Well this really is STUNNING! So beautiful! I love those hot colours and it looks great in that room! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is SO beautiful. I have a MacKenzie granddaughter - they are a heck of a lot of fun! Such a beautiful painting Serena.

    ReplyDelete