Thursday 4 October 2018

Scribble Picnic - Chicken

Hi everyone,

The past couple of weeks have been a little busy with helping my son move to a new place and cleaning up the old place which will be finalised on Friday.

I planned a finished piece but time just got away from me so it's another work-in-progress this week. I hope to add more images to this post as the day progresses.

The theme is CHICKEN.

I started this little guy with a soft pencil sketch

First pass with watercolours. This was as far as I've managed so far...hope to post more here later.

************

Okay...I'm back with a couple more images including a completed piece...see below.


...okay, I think I'm calling it finished. I wish I hadn't used coloured pencils as they left texture where I didn't want it. I feel like he's overworked now. We live and learn, right?

To see what my fellow picnickers have been up to for this week, click HERE.
To find out how to join us each fortnight, click HERE.

I hope to be back with an update soon....bye for now.

22 comments:

  1. The piece is already so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really love this little chick already!!
    Glad he got all moved and settled in. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita. Yes, Beau is now settling nicely into his new place and has already been creating in his new art room. :)

      Delete
  3. I think it looks fabulous Serena! :) Moving is rough...not a fan of it, but I do like fresh starts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rain. Yes, fresh starts are good! :)

      Delete
  4. Well, I love him already! The first pass has a very sumi-e feel to it which I love. Can't wait to see the completed chick!

    Hoping the rest of the move/cleaning goes well. It's never much fun but hopefully the new place will be wonderful for him. . . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicolas. He seems to be settling in a bit better to the new place. I hope it works out for him too.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jennifer...I was hoping for that look.

      Delete
  6. I don't see any unwanted texture ... I think he is adorable just as he is. It would seem everyone is moving these days and yes, it sure takes up a lot of time and energy. Good luck to your son in his new place. I love watching how you developed your picture from pencil to final ... a learning process for sure. Really nice, Serena ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. I'm glad you enjoyed the process pics too.

      Delete
  7. that chicken looks like it has an attitude and I sort of like it. I like the texture, I think it works.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lissa. I hope you have a lovely weekend. :)

      Delete
  8. What a cute chicken! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable and beautifully rendered Serena. Love to hold them in my hand when they're tiny and fluffy like this.

    Good luck to your son in his new place.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Testing this again. I see my comments didn't go through so maybe it's my browser?

    Anyway, I was saying that this is so beautiful, Serena. Wow. So impressive. Love it.

    Best wishes to your son!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get your first comment, Michael, but thanks for trying again. The second one did come through. I'm so happy you like the chicken I sketched. Thanks for the well wishes for my son too. :)

      Delete
  11. Oh this sketch is absolutely adorable

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! Of course not seeing it IRL I don't see a problem with the colored pencil - to me it adds some dimension and he/she looks so fluffy.

    ReplyDelete