Friday 27 April 2007

Sizzling Lilies


Sizzling Lilies - © Serena Lewis

Well, I have been busy base-coating bits and pieces so I don't have any current pieces to show you yet. The Calla Lily painting was done last year for a workshop I was teaching for Beginner students. I love the rich colours in it as it suits my Mexican theme kitchen/dining area. Speaking of decorating themes, my parents are passing on to me a lovely two-seater lounge chair.......problem.......it's GREEN!!!! My lounge colours are currently turquoise and orange accents so I think this green is going to clash which means a change in colour scheme.......which means I have to paint a new painting for my lounge.....which also means new cushion covers and re-painting some accent pieces. That will keep me busy. I'll try to get some before and after pics to show you.

7 comments:

  1. I remember seeing these when you first painted them and they took my breath away then. It's like there's a raging fire burning behind them,and they just continue to stand tall. So beautiful...Ro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ro! It's hard to believe I used to be a die-hard pastel fan. I still like the soft, pastel shades but I find myself more drawn to bright and rich colours now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, these are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, phthaloblu, glad you liked them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is gorgeous! Is it acrylics? I'm just learning to use them and it looks like you've quite mastered the medium!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Jana, and yes it is done in acrylics. They are my first love with art and I have been painting with acrylics for over 14 years now. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serena, I love floral photography, so I naturally followed a link to your floral paintings. This one especially caught my eye, with it's bright red background & beautiful light. You have quite the gift there.

    ReplyDelete