Sunday 15 June 2014

Doggies in jumpers and a couple of sketches

It's the time of year that I love  here in Brissie

WINTER! 

The boys are already enjoying their jumpers.


As part of my homework in Roz Stendahl's Sketchbook Skool klass,
I loosely sketched Cody
while he was curled up beside me on the couch yesterday. 
I snapped this photo today when he wasn't wearing his jumper.
Medium - Pentel Pocket brush pen, PITT pens, gouache and watercolour
Paper - Moleskine A6 pocket sketchbook


I attempted this sketch using a Pentel pocket brush pen 
which wasn't too successful as it's very difficult to get fine lines. 
I rescued the sketch as best I could using gouache and some finer PITT pens. 
His ear looks a little pink in this photo but it's not in the actual sketch.
I LOVE GOUACHE! 


More on Roz's klass later.....

This is a sketch I did in April that I forgot to post at the time.
Medium - Faber Castell PITT pens 
Paper - Moleskine A5 pocket sketchbook 


 Today, I'm linking up to Sunday Sketches.
To join in each week, check out this link for more info.
I'm also linking up to this week's Artist's Play Room.
To join APR, check out this link for more info.

16 comments:

  1. I can only imagine trying to have a small dog as a live model! Ooh-la-la! They are constantly in motion!!!!! All of your sketches are gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dogs are so inquisitive, protective, and greedy. Any noise, the head jolts upright, the ears lift and they're out of pose. They hear a knock at a door or see someone walk past our house, and they're off barking and protecting their turf. They hear a rustle of a food packet in the kitchen and they're off to the kitchen to sit and drool. LOL I'm glad you liked the sketches, Julie. xo

      Delete
  2. Magnificent sketches and your dogs are so precious ~ xoxo

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! The dogs are so cute, and the sketch is wonderful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet puppies and I love there jumpers. Great sketches too, Have a great week .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. xx This is the first year I bought them jumpers for winter as they were recently given summer clips so they're not as long and woolly as they normally are at this time of year.

      Delete
  5. I don't know if there was any "rescuing" needed; I love how this journal page came out. The flowing, handwritten notes frame the sweet drawing of Cody in his sweater. I like gouache as well. Roz's class sounds inspiring.

    Thank you for your visit and warm comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a hard enough time drawing things that don't move! LOL! Great job. The pups look great in their jumpers. :) Enjoy the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita! Today has been cold indoors ALL day but, as you know, I love winter so I'm not complaining. :)

      Delete
  7. Love your fur kid drawings!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these drawings are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete