Monday 15 December 2008

my 2nd Blog Birthday!....and an award!

it's hard to believe that, two years ago today, i started this blog! i am ever grateful to the many amazing and wonderful people I have met on this journey. my life has been so enriched in countless ways....blogging has helped my confidence, it has helped me broaden my horizons and i have learned so much from other bloggers. the blogosphere truly is a world unto itself and i hope to continue enjoying it's riches.

it just so happened that beau baked a chocolate slice today so i seized the opportunity to whack on a couple of candles and celebrate my blog's 2nd birthday. WHOO HOO!!!



another award i received recently was the butterfly award which the very talented margaret bestowed upon me.

check out margaret's blog to see some of her amazing zen drawings. i am honoured that she chose me as one of the recipients for this award. i am supposed to nominate ten other bloggers and give a reason why i think they are deserving of this award also. this is where i become unstuck because i think you are all amazing and it would be way too hard for me to pick and choose among you...so...once again, i'm breaking the rules. consider yourself chosen for this award! if you choose to participate, link back to my blog and feel free to pass the award on to ten other bloggers. ENJOY!

16 comments:

  1. Happy bloggiversay! here is to many more contacts and friends being made in the years to come!
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Happy Blogging Birthday!!!
    That chocolate cake looks so yummy!
    And congrats on the award - it's so cute and you deserve it!

    And thanks for your supportive comment on my blog yesterday - it means alot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I love that award, and maybe I'll consider myself "chosen"...thanks, what a neat idea!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, a chocolate cake for your blog! That is SO COOL!!!

    Happy Birthday Serena's Blog!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blog birthday, Serena! I'm very glad you started blogging so that I got the chance to "meet" you and see your marvelous work. I hope you continue to blog for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! You have a wondeful blog...congrats on the award! Here's to many more great years!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blogday and congrats on all the well deserved awards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two years! Congrats on the milestone. You are such a gifted and talented lady! I am so glad you started your blog and I got a chance to meet you in cyberspace. :):) I've been blogging now for 2 1/2 years--so we're almost the same age in blog years--ROFL!! I hope you keep painting and making your beautiful pieces of art for many, many years to come!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the award and on 2 years of blogging! It's so true. Sharing your days with so many other like-minded people through blogging does wonders for moving all sorts of stuck energy. It's been a major positive force in my creativity and even just in my daily outlook. I can't recommend it enough to those who don't yet have a blog. Here's to many more blog anniversaries for you! Love, Serena Pia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your 2nd birthday in blogoshpere!! It does go quick doesn't it? I'll be coming up to mine sometime in April I think.

    I've enjoyed your blog & your friendship Serena. Thank you!
    ((hugs))
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogiversary! :) I am so glad to have found your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for your sweet comments and birthday wishes for my blog....they made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blog Anniversary Serena...It is a wonderful visual treat each time I visit. You go Girl...Here's to the next Year(s) LOl :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy blogging birthday! Hope you enjoy many more!

    ReplyDelete