Monday 29 December 2008

my word for 2009


i was reading christine kane's post about choosing a word to focus on during 2009 and i thought it was a wonderful idea instead of setting up goal lists which, for me, often end in failure. however, a well chosen word to focus on all year.....i can DO that! of course, i never make things easy for myself and, for the past few days, i have been mulling two words over in my head. so.....today, i let the universe decide for me. i gave each word a 'heads' or 'tails' title and i flipped a coin. heck, why didn't i think of that days ago?! so, heads won out and my word for 2009 is.......JOY!
in case you're dying of curiosity, the other word under consideration was - allow.

after reading a new earth by eckhart tolle earlier this year and then participating in the blog book club in november where we read soul coaching by denise linn, i felt like i was on the brink of change. most recently, i have been reading and watching a lot of books/DVDs by esther and jerry hicks re. the teachings of abraham and i have been hooked. two of the main things that abraham focuses on is living joyfully and the art of allowing. as joy won the coin toss, i plan to focus each day on things that make me feel joyful. in doing this, i trust that the law of attraction will see to the rest and bring me more of the same.

if you are interested in choosing your own word for 2009, visit this post where christine gives the run-down and offers a list of words that may be helpful. feel free to leave a comment here and let me know what word you are choosing for 2009.

btw, it's not too late to sign up for the next blog book club which starts on january 9th. you can read more about it here.

as you can see from the 2009 happenings in my side-bar, i'm already chalking up a lot of positive and creative things to do in 2009 and i'm sure they will all bring me lots of.....JOY!

love, light and peace ~

15 comments:

  1. Wow Serena I am amazed at how you continue to inspire me. I recently purchased an Intention Box which I will post more about over the next few days...but I love choosing a word. How beautiful. Also, I love your blog's makeover.

    Thank you for being such an inspiration and sharing your gifts.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And may 2009 bring you much Joy! Reading your blog brings joy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JOY!! A great choice!! And remember--when you "allow" you will have more joy!! :):)
    Always, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I looked at the list of words the first one that jumped out at me was growth. And that's what I've been thinking about for the new year....growing and expanding in my creativity. I feel that I'm stuck in a rut with my art so maybe if I grow and expand I'll find new techniques and new ideas.

    I read a lot of books and articles by the Jerry and Esther Hicks. I also receive a daily inspirational quote from them.

    Thank you for always providing us with some new direction and inspiration. I joined the blog book club, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dear,
    Your like a lot of breaths of fresh air really. Joy is a perfect word, when we concentrate on joy negativily just melts away. Your 2009 sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joy! What a wonderful word to focus on! I hope you have boundless joy in the coming new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great word! Onwards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pondering pondering. There are so many awesome words to choose from - magic, abundance, actualization... Thank you for the tip. I will be visting Ms. Kane's post for inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay serena!!! what a beautiful word to chose for 2009!!! so many positive things will unfold, i can feel it!!! and i am so happy that so many of your 2009 happenings are mine as well!!! i can't wait to embark on this new year with you!!!

    wishing for you all the very best in 2009!!!

    peace and love

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Serena, I have my word chosen, but I'll post to my blog on the 1st with it as I don't believe in resolutions, they are doomed from the moment they leave your mouth..... ;o))
    In the meantime, have a wonderful start to the New Year and have a Joyful Year throughout. All the best my friend, Ro

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joy is GOOD word! Yes, I'm in with this again this year too and I've almost chosen my word...narrowed it down to two now. I'll have to hurry and make up my mind! Maybe it should be "Decisive"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great word! And I love the new look, it is beautiful!

    Much JOY in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments. You truly make a positive difference in my life and I am deeply grateful for each and every one of you.

    Jessica, I'll be looking forward to reading about your Intention Box....I'm wondering if it is similar to the God Jar in Julia Cameron's book, The Artist's Way?

    Janet, I'm so happy that you have joined the book club too. It should be an interesting read.

    Dianne, I'm glad to see you pop in. I've visited your blog a few times but you haven't posted since before Christmas so I so hope all is well and that you have a fantastic new year.

    I'm so excited about the coming year too, Jenn...I feel like it will be a year of big changes on a personal level.

    Ro, I'll be looking forward to your word for 2009...I so agree about resolutions...they have never worked for me.

    LOL, Kate....I'll be looking forward to your word for 2009 also.

    Thanks, Rebecca ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I chose the word "BE"...and actually just blogged about it for my New Year's Eve Post.

    Have a wonderful JOY-filled year Serena...I am so delighted our paths have crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete