Thursday 16 April 2009

she's my daughter and i'll brag if i want to....

post title sang in my best lesley gore voice.....hehehe

hey everyone, i am soooooo excited for my daughter, michelle!

today, i went over to her apartment to drop aaron off for a few days as he's on school holidays and, while there, i helped michelle set up her very first ETSY listing! as you all know, michelle is still recovering from a severe whiplash injury and can no longer work so, not to be defeated, in the past six months she launched herself in a totally new direction....sewing and painting! michelle joined blogland just a couple of months ago but has been a little shy so i thought i would post about her new adventure here. if you have the time, i would so appreciate it if you popped on over to her blog - raggedy ruckus - to welcome her to blogland.

blogging truly has made a huge and positive difference to my own life as i've met so many wonderful people and i'm hoping michelle will enjoy blogland as much as i do.
michelle checking out her first ETSY listing

can ya tell i'm one proud momma?!

love, light and peace

18 comments:

  1. I am so excited for Michelle!! Her blog & her creations are wonderful & I predict she is going to find so much happiness & satisfaction from her new creative ventures:) I have sent her my best wishes on her blog:) A talented young woman taking after her mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! You have every reason to be proud, Serena. Now excuse me as I leave and pop over to Michelle's blog....

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is very talented and you are right to be proud of her (not just because you are her mom).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will hop right over - you've every right to brag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serena, that's great and I can see why you would be proud!! I'm on my way to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all....your visit to Michelle's blog will make her day ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As Serena wishes, so it is done! Your daughter has not only inherited your beauty, she inherited your talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle's dolls are just wonderful...you have every right to be a proud mother!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to her and proud momma! I'm on my way to check her out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I popped over to visit her blog and her dolls are so cute!! You should be a proud mother! Beauty and talent seem to be a family trait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well good for Michelle, she does wonderful work I already popped over and had a look. I wish her many sales!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What amazing dolls! Her paintings look very similar to your style...did you teach her, or does this amazing talent run in the family? Thanks for the introduction...I wish her much success!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i found you via stapeliad, and will enquire if they still have knickerbockerglories ( i have only lived here for 23 years and am not sure...teehee)
    i have just seen your daughter's blog and am in lurv! how talented, that's what happens, 'one door shuts and another door opens'!!! i will ask my DIL if i can get a doll for my granddaughter Maggie, as they are simply precious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope Michelle will love her Etsy, and make money also! I will be going over to see what she is up to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg - I laughed out loud at the title of this post! Excellent!

    Yay for Michelle!! I wish her all the best, and must get over to her blog and check out her etsy shop!!

    And yay for you for being a proud Mama!! You rule!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a truly lovely blog. Thank you for sharing such beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mama tree, Michelle's a talented acorn--hehe! Those are really cute dolls--and she has painting talent, too! Mama has every right to brag and so glad you introduced her to Etsy!! Such talent, you guys! :):)

    ReplyDelete