Monday 2 May 2022

what I've been up to

More catching up to do as it's been a month since my last post...

I had another fall on the 21st. Not kidding...
 
Same reason as my previous fall — slipped in water dripped by Scarlett, Aaron's poodle, after she had a drink.  I swear I'm not clumsy but, unfortunately, water and tiles just don't go well together. We have a mat under the dishes but Scarlett always drips a trail of water as she walks away. My feet went out from under me but, this time, my poor neck and shoulder slammed into the storage box near the easel in the studio ('X' marks the spot in the pic below). Lucky the box is padded but my neck and left shoulder are still on the mend. Needless to say, we are trialling another position for the water dish. Wish me luck.

I hope you all had a lovely Easter. Our Easter was nice, quiet and peaceful. Beau, my son who lives away from home, came down with Covid over the Easter weekend. He was fully vaccinated so his symptoms were fairly mild — sore throat and a fever mostly. He did lose his sense of taste and smell though which he didn't like at all. Apparently, loss of taste and smell happens to about 13% of Omicron sufferers and it can stay that way for months afterwards. Thankfully, Beau's senses are back to normal now.  He isolated at home for 7 days and is already back at work. 
 
On a Easter sweet treat note, Brad and I can vouch for the deliciousness of the NOMO vegan chocolate eggs....so creamy! YUM! 

Another delicious vegan snack/meal we often have is nachos with vegan cheese and vegan sour cream. We like our nachos topped with Sriracha sauce and some cayenne pepper because some like it hot!
 
The past couple of nights, for dinner, we've had vegan Sausage and Potato Madras on brown Basmati rice made by me. We do love Indian-style curries in this house. Vindaloo is my favourite.

All ready for May in my bullet journal — both analogue and digital. 
This is my analogue Month View, then I work daily from there. 
Click on image to view it larger.

I've even managed a bit of sketching here and there since my last post. This page spread is all ready for the journaling/handwriting. LOVED The Hobbit movies! The hobbit is drawn with a BIC ballpoint pen while the plant is inked.

Today, I started this giraffe in graphite pencil. He is just roughly plotted out at this stage so definitely a work-in-progress. Not sure yet if I will end up inking him or giving him splash of watercolour. What do you think?

I'll leave you with a pic of the Queen of the Castle nestled on the back of the couch. 

I'm planning to post frequently in May so stay tuned...
 
P.S. - If anyone is having trouble leaving a comment on my blog would they please let me know via email. searen3 at gmail.com.

Love, Light and Peace

7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your fall Serena. I've slipped on the dog's water trail before and it is not fun. The new mat helped, mostly, but for some reasons he has to walk away while she licked water off her lips. Loving the art space; it looks relaxing and no chaos like my work space ends up. And nice sketches too. I hope you have a lovely May, with no falls either. Take care and I'll look forward to next months tempting meals. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO sorry to read about your fall. That looks nasty, even if the box was padded.

    I can't seem to give up my cheese, butter, and half and half coffee cream. Even though I'm a vegetarian, I will never be a vegan, I fear.

    LOVE your giraffe. A bit of color wash and he will be perfect, in my opinion. I hope May treats you better than April did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry about the fall again. The food looks amazing but your art is always so brilliant. Be safe and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! Luckily it was padded, but ouch! I hope you moved the water dish into Aaron's room.
    Everything looks delicious!
    Noticed the little cactus sticker--LOL! Made me smile.
    Always love your sketches. I vote for a splash of color on the giraffe.
    Kya--awwww! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch! hopefully you are feeling better and dont fall again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you had another fall. Hope the new water dish placement works out. Glad you had a nice Easter, and that Beau is better (though sorry he got Covid to start with).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ouch ...hope it heals quickly... Enjoyed looking at your food - it looks delicious and of course your sketches always amaze me. Glad to see a post by you.

    ReplyDelete