Tuesday 11 November 2008

i got my space back.....YAY!

ART EVERY DAY MONTH & NABLOPOMO


click on image to enlarge


in keeping with 'water' week, i opted to draw a waterlily today with a stained glass effect.

SOUL COACHING - DAY TEN


affirmation for today - I AM MOVING INTO HARMONY WITH EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING IN MY UNIVERSE

today, i tackled the clutter and mess in garage/studio and WON! all the clutter has been cleared and i feel great emotionally, however physically, my back is protesting quite badly. it was a huge job but i'm so glad that it's done.

today's task was to notice the relationship i have with every person and every object i encounter. i wasn't asked to change the way i relate to the person or object but just to be aware of the energy i felt around them today. did it go up or did it go down or...was it neutral?

i can honestly say that, i was so busy setting up a double bed in my son's room and then, clearing out and tidying up the garage/studio, that i really didn't come into contact with anyone or anything that brought me down. even the clutter gave me a high because i knew that, at the end of it, i would have my space back. i took a lot of items i'd been holding onto over to the recycling centre and it felt great knowing that someone else would get to enjoy them too. i didn't really feel down or sad that i was letting them go....i was just happy.

i guess, i'm a little bummed that my back is hurting but that was too be expected as it's always been a weak spot since i injured it in a fall five years ago. i plan to work through level 2 when i can focus without pain. i think i will just rest up and get an early night tonight.

i hope everyone had more highs than lows today ~

love, light and peace

22 comments:

  1. What an uplifting day! I'm sure none of these exercises are meant for one day alone, so I am sure you will be tackling them! :)

    I hope your back feels better after some well-deserved sleep. (Another energy booster!)

    I love your water lily. Coincidentally, I used a lotus in the card I made for today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better in the morning. Rest is good. I think there is significance there, that you didn't really come into contact with anyone today but I don't know what it is. Once again, beautiful nature picture, love the stained glass look.
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your back, hope you feel better soon. Isn't it great to have a space of your own. I really need to make myself a meditation nook in our house, I've been thinking about doing it for a few months, now I just need to get around to it.

    As always your blog is an inspiration! I love your thoughtful, inquisitive approach to life. We could all learn so much from you.

    I haven't posted on my blog in 2 months, but we finally have internet at our house so as soon as I can I'll put up a new recipe. Everything is going wonderfully here, the weather is perfect and life is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting your space back!! You rock!

    Did you know that drinking lots of water is good for back pain? I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really gorgeous! I love how you made the long lines as you filled in! So soft and graceful looking...nice soft coloring also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lOVE the water lily, stained glass effect :D

    Isn't it a great feeling when your studio space is tidy & uncluttered? I love that feeling! It just seems like your mind becomes uncluttered at the same time. I hope you have a good night's rest & your back is better tomorrow Serena.

    I've put a picture of the 'Distress Ink' you enquired about on my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could almost feel the release just hearing of your successful day of clearing your space!! Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know that must feel amazingly unburdening. Great job! Our bodies speak to us, the back holds our burdens. Now that you got all this stuff "off your back" externally, is there anything you need to get off your back symbolically? Just thinking out loud. You're doing great work with this Soul Coaching! I hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the water lily! You are a very talented artist! I hope your back feels better...congrats on getting the cluttered cleared!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH...I am MADLY IN LOVE with this image.

    It would make a perfect stained glass window!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hooray to getting your space back!

    Isn't it amazing how important that is? I get super focused when I take back my studio from various renovation interruptions. It is the only mess I tackle with that kind of pleasurable determination.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful drawing...lovely effect...it gave ME energy! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hee-hee! congrats on your big win! :-)

    the waterlily is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always I'm stunned by your art. This is a course that should probably be taken over 28 weeks.
    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't it amazing how or I should say how unfair that physical pain and emotional pain will inter mix and just be plain nasty with each other.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. serena, thanks for the visit to my blog and leaving a comment! It was a very sweet comment and I much appreciate it. Your blog also deserves more time spent looking....your water lily is beautiful.

    blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the your triumph over the garage/studio! Hope your back feels better fast.

    The water lily is absolutely gorgeous. Fills me with peace just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on getting your space back - I love the feeling of accomplishment after a good clean up. I love your water lily too. I hope your back heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree your painting would make a perfact stained glass window!
    A good way to ease back pain is to hang on something a door frame or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope your back feels better soon! All the decluttering has flattened me too. Way to go getting that space cleared!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I’ve always been a fan of stained glass art. I’m so happy to see this water lily drawn in such style. Beautiful and it does make me associate it with harmony. Lesson for today … there are some stressful clutters, there are some happy clutters :) I’m sorry your back hurt. I hope it’ll feel better.

    ReplyDelete