Thursday 13 November 2008

remember the stillness

ART EVERY DAY MONTH & NABLOPOMO


Zen heart in A4 sketchbook
click on image to enlarge


SOUL COACHING - DAY TWELVE


affirmation for today - IN THE CENTRE OF MY BEING, THERE IS ALWAYS STILLNESS AND PEACE

today, we remember the stillness. no matter what is occurring around us, there is always an inner sanctuary of profound tranquility available to us. the more inner peace we experience, the more we can effect peace in the world. i really like the sound of that....how wonderful it would be if everyone focused on their inner peace and tranquility. we were asked by denise to use this day to begin hearing the heartfelt messages from our soul, hence, my artwork for today.....a 'zen heart'.

today, at intervals, i would stop to slow down and focus on my breathing...this is something i've been practising for a while now and i do believe it has had a positive effect on my well-being. my day went very calmly but, this evening, did bring about some confusion and the feeling of being overwhelmed after a couple of phone calls i received from different people regarding a related matter. that said, rather than worry about unknown outcomes, i am trying to remain calm and focused in the present moment......listening for signs from my soul that will hopefully guide me on some big decisions.

have you listened to your soul lately?

20 comments:

  1. LOVE your zentangles Serena! Have a great weekend coming up! You are really inspiring me to start up my yoga practice & meditation again . . . I feel like I need to re-connect with myself & find that calmness & peace :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you that you were able to be the eye in the middle of the storm. I seek that quality more often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful...and VERY profound and relevant!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful, it takes me a long time to quiten my soul, but when i do, it's bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great day. So happy that the stillness and silence is helping.
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Serena, your "Zen Heart" is truly beautiful! and yes taking time to stop, breath, & connect is like re-charging your internal battery, your soul! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so looking forward to this day and slowing down a bit! Your artwork is amazing...I really love this one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all these sketches you are doing! And I am very much enjoying reading about your month of soul coaching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh! love the drawing--so powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's exactly what she recommended doing! You can't stop the anarchy of the day (like me at the health clinic) but we can choose to handle it with stillness. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. well done Serena.. love your artwork - again :)

    I found stillness like you did too, when having a mammogram yesterday, I did not panic but quietly repeated the affirmation to myself as the tests were done. and it helped :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cool zen heart. love the eye!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Zen heart!!!

    Yeah! the power is now ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading your post really made me focus on finding the stillness no matter what was going on around me.

    Last night I was teaching Nia and as we were coming to a close, tuning in to stillness and breath, a big bang and then lots of laughter went on right outside our room. I see now how that was an opportunity to practice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the texture of this piece! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I too think it's very important to keep in touch with oneself.
    Great Zentangle.
    Hope you find guidance with your decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Serena!!! You are a zentangle master!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep! I surely did...I listened to my soul while watching the sun fade into the western sky feeling the warm desert air all around me begin to slowly melt away and cool...it was priceless! :)

    Cool zen heart!:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. good post! I am working on quantum mechanics and it does look like we create our own spacetime, so we should be able to create inner peace within us.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Some times the outside voice can be so loud, I cannot hear myself. That’s when I feel off kilter. I have to retreat and be alone for a moment. I feel most comfortable and at ease being myself and dealing with others when I keep in touch with my inner self.

    *I love the highly stylized eye brow, Serena :D

    ReplyDelete