Wednesday 17 October 2012

Day 17 - Prickly Pear - Blogtoberfest

A quick post tonight as my arm is aching after 
this afternoon's procedure to remove the melanoma.
I did get some good news.
My melanoma is Stage One which means,
as long as he removed all the cancer today,
I will only need to go back for six monthly check-ups
over a five year period.
He removed a fair bit from my upper arm
and I'll have a nasty looking scar but 
my future is looking good!! 

I did today's sketch before I had the procedure 
and then, added the words later.

#17 of 75 pen/ink sketches

A prickly pear cactus!

Pencil-free sketch in A6 pocket Moleskine sketchbook 
using ZIG Millennium and Micron pens.

The prickly pear cactus is seen as a noxious weed here so I keep it in a pot.
This one belonged to Beau but he threw it out when he moved 
because he had another one.
I rescued it!

The doctor told me that I'd be in for a rough night
so I'm off to take some Panadol and rest.


~ Love, light and peace ~

12 comments:

  1. just checking in here to see if you had posted as I thought about you all day today! glad the prcedure is over, hopefully it wont ache too much? take lots of care and rest...
    krissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Serena, rest well. I love your drawings, I'm fond of prickly pears too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good news Serena. I love your sketch of cactus. I have a huge cactus garden way out back. Love it! Have a wonderful rest of the week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you recover quickly dear lady. I am sending get well wishes across the oceans. I guess the subject matter of your sketch today was appropriate. Hopefully you'll be back to drawing softer plants soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's good news! Gets a lot of rest and take good care of yourself. Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to hear that it was stage 1 - just think that a big scar = no melanoma left. You can always say you got the scar rescuing tiger cubs!

    Sleep well and deep if you can, nothing else is important.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your not in too much pain. Rest up chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news, Serena! Yeah! Take it easy.....heal quickly.....sending best wishes from Florida!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great news Serena! I too am so relieved to hear this. Take care, rest and take the time you need to recoup. Much love <3 Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad it went well and they got it all. Take care and rest. Love the sketch, too. :)

    ReplyDelete