Monday 29 October 2012

Day 29 - Blogtoberfest - Zigzags and bootees


It's been a sea of bootees around here this past week


as I've been busy knitting more for Michelle's second baby.



My second granddaughter could make her appearance in this world
any day even tho the official due date is November 10th.


Mikayla, Michelle's first child/daughter, arrived two weeks early.



One thing is for sure,
we are all very excited to meet our next family member!


And yes, there will be a pink pair which I started knitting today, in fact.
Michelle requested a lot of white bootees as they go with every outfit.

---------------------------------------------------------

My sketch for today is a part of my Zigzag Plant.

#29 of 75 pen/ink sketches

Pencil-free sketch in Moleskine A6 pocket sketchbook using
ZIG Millennium and Micron pens.

By the way, an hour after I applied the Aloe Vera gel
 which I bought and sketched yesterday,
there was a noticeable difference to the scar area.
The redness was reduced to a very pale pink.
I was RAPT!

Wishing you all a wonderful start to the week
and also sending my sincere thoughts and prayers to the people,
their pets, strays, and wildlife,
living on the US East Coast as they batten down the hatches
in preparation for Hurricane Sandy.


~ Love, light and peace ~

9 comments:

  1. Love the sketch ~ well done and the knitted baby items are adorable ~ (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, all those booties...*swoon*.... too sweet, Serena! And I learned something new today--the zigzag plant--definitely new to me. I'm on tenderhooks today as my family back home in the US is in the danger zone of that hurricane. I'm blog hopping and visiting friends to keep my spirits up. :o) Happy Week ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy! I do hope all your family and friends are safe and well. xo

      Delete
  3. Such cute little booties and your sketch is lovely as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aloe vera can really help for so many things, but i dont know how people can eat it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's available in a juice which I'd probably try but, other than that, I've only ever used it on sunburn or scalds....and now, my scar.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful booties--especially like the pattern on that last pair!
    I have never seen a plant like that. How cool!
    Glad the aloe vera is helping so quickly!! Great stuff!
    *love and hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita, and I too love the bobble pattern on the bootees in the last pic. I'm tempted to knit the same again in pink. xo

      Delete