Thursday 18 October 2012

Day 18 - Teddy Bear - Blogtoberfest

Goodness, I feel like I've been living at doctor's clinics lately.

With visits and tests for Aaron's back pain.
We go back tomorrow for his X-ray results.

My melanoma drama.
I had to go back to Molescan again today for a dressing change.

Brad's regular check-ups for his assorted issues
are quite frequent of late too.

Doctors definitely seem to be a constant in our lives at the moment! 
All necessary but I'm looking forward to a break.

Thanks so much for all the well wishes!!
My arm is a little sore but it's bearable.
The pain medication helps, of course.

Anywhoo, my sketch for today is a teddy-bear.

Emily currently sits on the book-shelf in my bedroom.
I unintentionally made her a little fatter than she actually is
which I'm sure she doesn't appreciate.
Sorry, Emily ~ xo

#18 of 75 pen/ink sketches

Pencil-free sketch in A6 Moleskine sketchbook 
using ZIG Millennium and Micron pens.

I started a second pair of bootees for Madelyn 
my soon-to-be Granddaughter. 
Not long to go now before we get to meet her in the flesh
so I need to get cracking!
I finished her crochet blanket but I still need to 
weave in all the ends. 
For now, bootees are the priority!

What projects are a priority for you right now?

~ Love, light and peace ~

6 comments:

  1. Despite the health issues going on, your work is still as beautiful as ever and your good attitude is shining through!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. working on more horses and totem poles for college, only so many ways to draw them tho :p

    hopefully after all of these problems, no one will need a doctor for a long time (of course when the new grandaughter shows up you want doctors around. dont want her born in the back of a car ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sketch of yours Serena. Keeping you and your family in my prayers. Hope all your health issues will be sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Serena, I hope Aaron's x-ray turns out to show that everything is okay. Sorry to hear about your melanoma, too, but glad to hear it was caught early. What made you go get checked out? My boss found out that his wife has breast cancer earlier this week. Her sister died of cancer at an early age, so of course they were concerned. The first doctor told them she may need a double mastectomy, but the second physician they saw said that a lumpectomy and removal of surrounding lymphnodes may be all she needs with a bit of follow-up treatment -- much better news than the original diagnosis. It's been a busy week here so I've missed many of your posts. So lovely to see all your sketches. Hope everyone will be okay. Have a lovely weekend. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you all need a break! :)
    Cute bear. And Madelyn! They already have named her! Sweet!
    Won't be too long now. That will take your mind off doctor visits. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Serena:) Love your teddy. I hope wonderful days are coming with a new grandchild. Just what you all need I guess. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete