Monday 22 October 2012

Day 22 - Blogtoberfest - Pumpkin

Today was so hot and humid 
but I was able to get some much needed rest. 
I also did a little tidying up in my garage studio 
now that Aaron has moved all his study things 
into Beau's old room.
I finally have my studio space all to myself again
and I plan on making some changes.

For today's sketch, 
I settled on a pumpkin being that
it's Halloween month.

Pumpkin is an Aussie staple 
and we eat it all year round. 
My favourite pumpkin is the Kent variety and
I love it best, cut into pieces,
and roasted with the skin on and yes, 
I do eat the skin too.
Addition - I don't like pumpkin pie.

#22 of 75 pen/ink sketches

Pencil-free sketch in A6 pocket Moleskine sketchbook 
using ZIG Millennium, Micron and PITT pens.

With all my art and blog commitments on top of life distractions, 
I've been struggling to keep up with reading blogs. 
I am trying my best tho and hope to get around to 
visit YOU very soon.

~ Love, light and peace ~

9 comments:

  1. How interesting that you eat the pumpkin skin! I have not heard of this...I must try it!!! And roasting a pumpkin whole is also foreign to me! I think this will be something to try TODAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got some rest. As for pumpkin, I like them, too but I've never eaten the skin of one. And I've never roasted a whole pumpkin before. I'd almost be afraid it would explode in my oven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another great sketch and glad you managed some rest :D

    pumpkin pie is one of the only pies i dont like lol dont like the taste of pumpkin, but will roast the seeds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work always inspires me, Serena. Glad to hear you could sit and relax for a bit. Hoping you get trick-or-treaters too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how hard it is to get around to reading blogs when you don't feel well. No worries.

    I hope you take pictures of your new space when you are finished. And love the pumpkin. Mostly we cut them up or draw on them or make pumpkin pie out of them for Thanksgiving over here--LOL! ;)

    Take care and get lots of sleep this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sketch and yes very appropriate for October. I have just started decorating the house for Halloween with pumpkin candles and ornaments being the go. Love the spot of orange the decos bring to the house. Also love pumpkin to eat in so many dishes. Good to hear you got some well needed rest. Gx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous pumpkin sketch - love those strong ink lines. My fave is butternut, and my father-in-law makes an awesome pumpkin pie at Christmas time...I'm a convert :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Serena! I read your comment on my blog after I had made dinner here, which included roasting a small pumpkin!!! I did cut it in half, as a recipe at Allrecipes.com gave instructions on. It had some butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon and nutmeg inside. Very fall-ish, warm, and satisfying! I, for one, loved it! Thanks for the idea. I still was unable to consider eating the skin though!!! LOLOL. :)
    Thanks...Julie

    ReplyDelete