Saturday 6 October 2012

Day 6 - Garlic - Blogtoberfest

We had a very hot and humid day!
It seemed we jumped straight from Spring 
right into Summer!
Temps were around 35°C/95°F
with over 75° humidity.
I've got a migraine hanging over me
thanks to the heat.
Yep, I've been drinking lots of water too.

This morning, 
we walked to Michelle and Alex's house.
I snapped this pic of the poor, old creek-bed.
Not much water in it.
We need some rain.


My sketch focus today was on 'garlic'.






Sorry the photos aren't the best.
It was fairly late by the time I took them
so not much natural light.

What did you do today?

~ Love, light and peace ~

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hadiyah! I did actually plan to do some sketching near the creek but the day was far too hot.

      Delete
  2. Yes, the creek looks very, very low! So you have jumped into summer as we have jumped into winter. Was in the 20s here last night. I hope your headache will go away. Keep drinking that water. :) Love your garlic sketch!! Can you send me that recipe? *love and hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not liking the early intervention of summer at all. I can send you the recipe but I don't think you'd like Vindaloo because it's probably the hottest out of all the Indian curries and, if memory serves me correctly, you're not a fan of the hot, spicy foods?

      Love and hugs to you ~ xo

      Delete
  3. Yikes! Humidity at 75% can't be comfortable! We have finally started to cool down. It was only in the high 80's yesterday and today.

    Love the garlic sketch!! And I also love garlic in just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was uncomfortable, Janet, especially when we don't have air-con. Glad you like the sketch ~ xo

      Delete
  4. i don't think it has every gotten that hot here lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even worse in the midst of summer....definitely not looking forward to that. :(

      Delete