Tuesday 2 October 2012

Day Two - Blogtoberfest & a sketch

As I sit here typing, there is quite a noisy, cold wind blowing outside.
It makes me grateful to be indoors.

Brad, Aaron, and I went to Garden City by bus today.
On the walk to the bus stop, we passed this group of ibis near the creek.
I wonder if they're seasonal in this area because I haven't seen any
around here for a while now.


I also spotted these morning glories, 
with their pretty splash of purple and pink, 
among the long grasses nearby.


The weather forecast had predicted possible rain today but, thankfully, it stayed away. 
I didn't fancy the idea of getting wet.

On our walk home, I found a feather which may have belonged to one of the ibis
we'd seen earlier in the day.

Naturally, I took it home to sketch for Day 2 of the 75 day sketch project.


I'll close off now as my daughter, Michelle, is due to drop my Granddaughter off 
at any tick of the clock.  Michelle and Alex will be going out to dinner
in celebration of their second wedding anniversary so I get to baby-sit.

I hope your week is off to a good start.

~ Love, light and peace ~

10 comments:

  1. Wow - what beautiful photos and drawings, just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Serena, what am amazing sketch! You are incredibly talented.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your magic during Blogtoberfest12.
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kat. I'm hoping I can keep up with all the challenges. :)

      Delete
  3. happy anniversary to them both!

    i wish my writing was as neat as yours :D mine looks like chicken scratch most of the time :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pass on the sentiment....they had a lovely dinner out.

      My writing can look like chicken-scratch too. lol

      Delete
  4. Hi Serena. What a nice walk. I hope you are doing 100percent better since the op. I like finding things out back too. In fact I was going to do that this morning but didn't have time. Tomorrow for sure, early too. Love your photos and drawing as always. Beautiful. You are a good GrandMommy. Tee hee:) Take care and have a wonderful October, the beautiful month that it is. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gloria. I'm doing much better after my surgery....just dealing with arthritic pain now....ahhhh, the joys of getting old. lol

      Delete
  5. Lovely, lovely feather! Love those black headed ibis. Quite striking. And you got to have Mikayla for the evening! Happy anniversary to the young couple. Hope they had a marvelous night out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rita. I like the ibis too. The happy couple did have a lovely night out for their anniversary. xo

      Delete