Saturday 21 November 2020

AEDM - Day 21 - Seagull

Another late sketch today but I will be up early tomorrow to catch up with everyone's posts. After quite a bit of procrastination, I finally settled on sketching a seagull this evening. Two of the things I love about going to the beach are the seagulls and pelicans. Yes, the seagulls can be a bit pushy if you have food but I love their cheeky attitudes and I think they are quite beautiful.




To see what other participants have done for today, click HERE.

Below - A photo I took of seagulls at the bay-side last year.


I may sketch a Pelican tomorrow as they happen to be one of my 3 favourite birds.


I hope you are all having a lovely weekend. 

Love, Light, and Peace to All.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting of the seagull. Not my favourite sea bird, and this one looks very sure of himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have pelicans here, but we do have seagulls. I like them too because they never take any "crap" from anything else. When I visited Japan I was struck by how they had no seagulls, and I thought the beach was rather quiet without them. Just a lot of crows. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful sketch of the gull Serena! I'm looking forward to the pelican.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a seagull in my yard today. The is a great painting but I love the pelican. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your gull art. As I am also a birder I like all birds. Sadly I only see pelicans when travelling. They never come to Sweden. :(
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shading on your seagull--what you did with the light and shadow! Love to see you do a pelican, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your seagull is amazing, Serena. I love, love, love how you drew, colored, and shaded it. I'm in a landlocked state, but we have something called LAND gulls here. We often see them following tractors as they plow the land. It's a true sight to behold, just like sea gulls over water.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never minded the seaguls. Everyone complains about them, but I find them to be amusing and fascinating... They're so clever how they try different tricks to get food off you. I mean, I could do without them getting in to the bins before the rubbish men come for them, and there was one that got overly cheeky and cost me my drink by helping itself to the glass of cola I had on the table beside me when we were at one of the cafes once (I was so busy guarding my food from it that I wasn't guarding my drink). But I still found it amusing even though it happened to me.

    ReplyDelete